Every now and again, as we get closer to the official launch date of our silly, smash-hit Santa song, I GOT PISSED WITH SANTA CLAUS, we’ll be posting little side notes about our journey to producing the song, Finch getting to grips with the Logic Pro X software and the studio hardware, things relating to Christmas, and other things related to the progress of our project. These are just some musings that came into our minds… We hope you enjoy!
As three, warm-blooded, middle-aged males, we have been known to like a drink or two (or three… or four… or… you get the point!) Even when there’s no particular reason to celebrate – it doesn’t have to be Christmas to enjoy some ‘cheer’! It’s quite possible that’s where the original idea for the song lyrics came from, but that has long since been buried in Tony Def Tony’s intoxicated (pickled?) grey cells.
But think about Santa and the song for a few… even though he gets arrested and nobody gets any presents, we’re actually doing Santa a HUGE favour by taking him out on a pub crawl and getting him pissed (see the lyrics here, if you don’t already know the story!) I mean, let’s face it, to us adults – and more astute children – Santa’s not really got a very good rap, has he? Not really the sort of role model one would expect to have lasted so long:
- He only works one day a year (who knows what he’s up to for the other 364 days!)
- On that one day he abuses animals, making his reindeer fly thousands of miles at often times dangerously high altitudes – and speeds – with no food or rest (the animal rights mob should be up in arms over that one!)
- Also on that day (or night) he quaffs copious amounts of sherry and the like! We’re not saying he should join AA, but THAT’S some serious binge drinking don’t you think?
- Not to mention he breaks into people’s homes! What’s up with that?
- If THAT wasn’t enough, he employs elves to make toys and presents all year long (sounds like some kind of sweat shop to me!)
BUT, he does bring presents, so I guess that’s okay. Or is it? Perhaps we shouldn’t be so easily fooled. It’s okay for politicians to think we are easily duped into believing their ploys, but Santa…? Let’s at least ask a few obvious questions we might ask the likes of Trump and May if they were in his shoes:
- Where does he get his money from to pay for all this?
- Does he have significant financial backers that expect special favour from him?
- Is the North Pole a Santa tax haven?
- Maybe it’s not JUST a tax haven for Santa? Could he be the original snowy hedge fund?
- Perhaps he’s involved in money laundering?
All good points worth thinking about, but make sure you have a full glass when you do so. Thanks for reading. Thanks for all your support. We’ll keep you posted on the progress of the song (it’s really starting to come together and sounds pretty cool) We’ll share some sneak clips from the studio in the next blog…
Until Next Time…!
ADDITIONAL NOTE: Even though we originally thought this artwork was ‘public domain’ it actually belongs to Simon Crack of www.deadcoolapps.com who create some really amazing app based games you should check out! They have very kindly given us permission to use it as we think it’s really cool.